Sunday, August 23, 2009

oh hello real world

hey ladies,
it's been awhile since I posted so I thought I'd say hello. It's so exciting to hear what you've all been doing! I'm glad to hear that you all seem happy too:)
As for me, Friday was my last day at my camp job and I start City Year on Tuesday!! So this weekend is a really weird transitional one. It was strange and sad for me to leave camp on Friday- I've worked there for the past 6 summers and will most likely not be returning next year. It's hard to imagine my life without it-so many people that I will miss a lot, co-workers and campers. It was a crazy summer there too, lots of children drama (child abuse, tough divorces, etc.) and although I am relieved to get away from some of the tough stuff I know that I am going to really miss it soon.
I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous about Tuesday- yet somehow it all doesn't really seem real yet. Part of me is still convinced that I'll be moving back into Marist soon and be back with all of you shortly. However, the other part is slowly realizing that this isn't true and that post-college depression is setting in a bit. I hope that once I start working at City Year that I will be very busy and happy and won't miss Marist as much- I kinda doubt it though. Anyways, Tuesday is the first day of a five week training period. I'm staying with my cousin this week and then moving into my new apartment this weekend. It seems as if the real world has officially arrived. Hopefully I'm ready.
Anyways, I miss you all and would love to hear from you again! Also, I think we should talk about getting together on alumni weekend because I am really looking forward to this and would love love love to see you all! Keep me posted.
love, Jenna

1 comment:

  1. hey jenna!

    i totally get how youre feeling! im leaving my job of 4yrs wed and starting ky next weekend- so you put it well...im basically in denial and hoping ill be ready for it when it comes. i had dinner with katie and we were talking about tough transitions. im not looking forward to that awkward time when you are trying to find your niche...but i will be thinking of you- you are so capable and such a strong woman- i know youll be great! best wishes! sending my love and food thoughts your way!!
    <3 Colleen

    ReplyDelete